APPLICANTS FOR THE POSITION OF DEPUTY SHERIFF, COMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR, AND SUPPORT STAFF FOR THE SOUTHAMPTON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE.
Applicants for Deputy Sheriff, Communications Operator and Support Staff are being accepted by the Southampton County Sheriff's Office. Applicants must be residents of Southampton County or the City of Franklin. The following list of qualifications must be met by applicants:
1. Have reached his/her 20th birthday.
2. Have graduated from an accredited High School or have received a G.E.D.
3. Be willing to reside within the geographical boundaries of Southampton County or the City of Franklin.
4. Be of good character.
5. Be in good health and physical condition.
6. Possess a valid Virginia operator's license and posses a good driving record.
7. Must not have a criminal record.
8. Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
Applications may be picked up at the Southampton Sheriff's Office, 22336 Main St., Courtland, VA between 8:30A.M. and 4:30 P.M.
Appointments shall be made under Section 15.2-1603 & 15.2-1604 of the Code of Virginia.
Appointees and applicants shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of appointments without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex or age.
Southampton County Sheriff's Office
22336 Main Street
Courtland, VA 23837
Non-Emergency (757) 653-2100
Administration Office Hours 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Mon - Fri
Sheriff's Office History