The department offers a wide variety of services to meet special needs. These may include:
- Efforts are made to bring adoptable children together with approved families.
Child Protective Services
- Reports of child abuse and neglect are investigated. Services are provided to prevent child abuse and neglect.
Child Day Care
- Day care is subsidized so parents can work or train for employment.
- Services to provide for temporary emergency needs such as food, rent or utilities.
- Temporary care is arranged for children who cannot be in their own homes.
To find out more, please go to the Virginia Department of Social Services Home Page
We provide services for court-ordered mediations, home studies & supervision. For more information, please contact us at (757) 653-3080.
We provide services for temporary emergency needs. These services include food, rent or utilities. For more information, please contact us at (757) 653-3080.
Resources & Referrals:
Agency maintains a list of local resources; providing information as requested and makes referrals as appropriate. For detailed information, please contact us at (757) 653-3080.