Coronavirus COVID-19 FAQ-TLC_Final 6-1-20
LiveHealth Online Flyer
Local Foodbank Information and Media Alert/Press Release
- The Foodbank has been partnering with both the City of Franklin & Southampton County Public Schools to provide additional food to supplement what is currently being given out to students at both SP Morton Elementary and Riverdale Elementary.
- 200 BackPacks with non-perishable items have been sent to Southampton Meadows due to the mobile pantry on Tuesday having to be postponed.
- Beginning on Friday (03/20), there will be a bi-weekly distribution taking place at the James L. Camp Family YMCA in Franklin. This distribution will be done in a drive-through, low-touch/no-touch model. This distribution is open to anyone who needs assistance. More information can be found in the attached press release.
The distribution times at the James L. Camp Jr. Family YMCA as well as other YMCA locations detailed in the media alert will be as follows:
- Fridays (beginning 03/20) – 9:00-11:00am
- Tuesdays (beginning 03/24) – 5:30-7:30pm
- The Foodbank will also be partnering with both Mercy Chefs and Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia to deliver prepared meals to the homes of vulnerable seniors.
- The Mobile Pantry at Courtland Farmers Market is still scheduled for Tuesday, March 24th from 9:30-11:00am and will be open to anyone. This distribution is already in a drive-through model; however, more precautions will be taken in order to make it more of a low-touch/no-touch model.
- Partner agency closures are being updated in real time on our website. Please still continue to utilize our search function to locate your nearest food pantry at www.foodbankonline.org.