5th Judicial Circuit of Virginia
ClerkHon. Richard L. Francis
Phone/FaxPhone: (757) 653-2200
Fax: (757) 653-2547
Clerk's Office Hours8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
AddressP. O. Box 190
22350 Main Street
Courtland, VA 23837
- Hon. Carl Edward Eason Jr., Chief Judge
- Hon. Lawson Wayne Farmer
- Hon. Robert H. Sandwich Jr.
- Hon. Matthew A. Glassman
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 3rd Monday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Motion Day, every Tuesday, 9:00 a.m., in Suffolk
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Civil cases set by civil court administrator.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized for divorce annulments and depositions.
- Instructions must be submitted 7 days prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.